Cell Phone Rentals and Sales for Mexico
Cellular Abroad offers cell phone rental packages as well as cell phone packages for sale for use in Mexico. While both options are virtually identical in terms of service and rates, frequent travelers to Mexico (traveling once a year or more) usually prefer to purchase a phone solution while infrequent travelers generally opt for our rental solution.
The main advantages of our service is that you will have a US number that works seamlessly in Mexico as well as the US and will be able to make and receive calls at an affordable rate. Both the rental and packages available for sale are pay as you go so you will not need to sign a contract nor receive an unexpected phone bills. You can add call credit directly from the phone by calling a toll free number, 7 days/week, from Mexico or the US, and supplying your credit card information (call credit available in increments of $15, $25, $50, $75 and $100 USD). The underlying service is AT&T in the US and Telcel in Mexico.
Key Features of both options:
- US number available for your local US calling area
- Rates in Mexico are $0.99 per minute to receive or call regardless of if you call Mexico or the US
- Rates in the US are $0.25 per minute
- Pay as you go service – no contracts or bills
- 7 days/week English customer service toll free from the handset
- Check your balance at any time and add call credit toll free
- Excellent coverage (view the Mexico coverage map)
- GSM service
- Text messaging $0.25 per message
For more information on renting a cell phone for Mexico, please click here.
If you are interested in information on purchasing a cell phone, please click here.
Note: cell phones purchased for Mexico work in Mexico and the US with the included SIM card. You can also use the same handset in over 200 other international countries and territories where GSM service is available simply by purchasing a SIM card from Cellular Abroad.