+1 310 862-7100
|Please be sure to read these instructions prior to departing for Malaysia. If you're consulting your phone's user guide, please defer to the instructions below with regard to the use of your Malaysia SIM card. (Phone manuals are written in general terms.)
Your Phone Number:
Your Malaysia cellphone number is included with your package and starts with the 016 area code.
The "0" at the beginning of your 10-digit phone number is not used when calling from the US. (It is used when dialing within Malaysia.) In order for people back in North America to call to your Malaysia cell phone number, the correct sequence is 011-60, then the Malaysia cell phone number including the area code (ex. 011-60-12 545 3960). Please be sure to inform anyone who has your Malaysia cell phone number as to the proper dialing sequence in order to ensure you receive your calls. People in Malaysia, such as a companion using another Malaysia SIM card would dial the entire 10-digit number, beginning with the "0".
To call the U.S., dial 00 then 1 (U.S. country code) and then the area code and phone number.
Important: Most US toll free numbers are not accessable from overseas. Be sure to get valid international numbers prior to your departure.
- Domestic outgoing rates as low as US $0.16 per minute
- Calls back to the US and Canada approximately $0.73 per minute
- A Malaysia SIM card and cell phone number
- Complete with FREE airtime worth app. $13.00
- All incoming calls received in Malasia (from anywhere) are FREE
- No yearly contract, monthly charges or credit check
Activating Your Service:
* Snap out the Malaysia SIM chip from the SIM chip holder and insert the chip into your GSM Phone with the metal portion facing down as to make contact with the contact prongs (you will usually find your phone's SIM tray underneath the battery of your GSM cell phone).
- Go to Malaysia
- Be sure that the cellphone battery is charged
- Insert the Digi Plus SIM card into the cell phone *
- Turn on your phone
- When DiGi 1800" or "DiGi" appears on your mobile phone screen, you will be ready to make and receive calls.
Recharging Your SIM Card:
You may add credit to your SIM Card by purchasing recharge cards called the "DiGi Prepaid Plus" recharge coupon at any convenience shop or gas station displaying the "Just Talk" logo. Vouchers are available in denominations of RM30 , RM50 and RM100** at any authorized cellphone dealer, 7-Eleven outlet or gas station or convenience store. Do not let your credit balance reach zero as your SIM Card will be deactivated permanently. The system will send you a SMS prompting you to make a reload whenever your talk-time credit is running low or when you are approaching the expiry of your validity period.
** RM30 , RM50 and RM100 reload coupons are valid for periods of 30, 50 and 100 days respectively. You can continue to receive calls for the following 14 days if the validity period of your reload has expired.
- Scratch off to expose the 14 digit PIN number on your recharge card
- Using your mobile phone, key in *123*<14-digit reload PIN># (ex. *123*12345678901234#)
- Press "talk" or "send" on your cellphone
- You'll receive an SMS confirming your reload (you can delete this message)
- Switch your phone off, then on to update your talk-time credit balance
- Your new talk-time credit will be displayed
Checking Your Credit:
You may check your remaining credit and expiry date at any time for free by dialing with your cell phone and following these simple instructions:
- Call 221 1800
- Select your desired language
- Press 1 for DiGi Account Information
- Press 1 for Reload Validity Inquiry or Press 2 for Prepaid Credit Balance Inquiry
|Within the same area
|Between adjacent areas
|Between non-adjacent areas
|From East Malaysia To Singapore
|Peninsular Malaysia To Brunei
All incoming calls are always FREE, regardless of their origin. (tip: if people call you back, you can speak for free!)
For problems with the cellular network or service call customer service at 016-221 1800 or 1-800 68 8000.
For problems with your cellular phone, contact Cellular Abroad at 00-1-310-862-7100 or email email@example.com. If you're having a service issue, please call Cellular Abroad or relay a message to us through a contact back in North America and include any alternate phone numbers as well as the best time for us to call. Usually there is a simple fix. (It's also important to document any problems while you're abroad instead of after your return.)
The DiGi Prepaid PlusTM SIM Card will expire if there are no out-going or incoming calls (excluding any FREE calls made for reloading or any other reason whatsoever) from your SIM Card within 180 days or if credit is zero. Once expired, you will need to purchase a new SIM Card.
Note: Toll free 800 numbers based in the US can not be called from overseas cell phones in most cases. If you are able to connect to an 800 number in the US, you will be charged for an international outgoing call.
You will find a copy of these instructions on our website at /malaysiaSIMop.php.
Cellular Abroad is not responsible for typos, misinformation, change of service or menu prompts, lack of coverage or other possibilities that result in a lack of service or otherwise resulting in not being able to make or receive calls. We've tried to supply the most accurate information possible, but carrier rates, service plans and related information can change without notice. If you find any discrepancies between these instructions and your actual experience with the phone service or if you have useful additional information, we would appreciate any clarifications, suggestions or corrections. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2008 Cellular Abroad