- Email email@example.com a picture of the photo page of your passport or a valid drivers license (picture taken with a smartphone is fine) along with the date you would like your service to be activated. Please include your Order ID. We will reply with a confirmation email.
- Phone number: The phone number is generated when your 30 day plan is activated. If you are in Italy less than 30 days you can submit an earlier activation date to receive your phone number earlier.
- You cannot test the service in the US/Canada as you are on a bundle plan and do not have any credit for roaming. You can put your SIM card into your phone and power it on to confirm your phone is unlocked. If your SIM has been activated it will show reception on AT&T or T-Mobile while in the US.
Not sure how to insert your SIM? Google your phone model and insert SIM. YouTube has great how to videos with your specific model.
- If prompted your default PIN code is 1111.
- Samsung phones typically insert under the back plate or under the battery.
- Apple phones have a SIM slot on the right edge of the phone.
Data Plan Setup:
- Set your handsets Access Point Name: (APN) to web.unomobile.it (all other fields are blank)
How to set an APN:
We recommend that you Google "change APN" + your phone model to view either a video or images on how to change your phone's APN. Most users find this easier than using the below guide:
(iPhone users: You cannot see the APN option until the SIM card is inserted. The settings will automatically revert to your current APN when you replace your US SIM Card)
iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, X - Settings>Cellular>set Cellular Data to on>go into Cellular Data Options> set Data Roaming to on> go into Cellular Data Network> set APN
iPhone 4 - Settings>Cellular>set Cellular Data to on>set enable 3G to on>set Data Roaming to on> go into Cellular Data Network> set APN
Android 1.6 / 2.1 / 2.2 / 2.3
From the Home screen Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names (APNs) > Menu key (or three-vertical-dot icon) > Create new APN use Menu key again to Save.
Android 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2/4.4 / 5
Settings menu > Wireless & Networks or Network Connections or Connections tab > More settings, More..., or More networks > Mobile networks/Cellular Networks > Access Point Names > Menu key or (three-vertical-dot icon) > Create new APN use Menu key again to Save.
From the Settings menu, look under Backup and reset, under Reset > Reset network settings > RESET SETTINGS > If a PIN, Password, or Fingerprint has been enabled, enter it > Tap RESET SETTINGS again > A confirmation message will display when complete > Menu key or (three-vertical-dot icon) > Create new APN use Menu key again to Save.
From the Settings menu > Mobile Data (may say "More") > Access Point Names > Create New APN and Save through the Menu button > Go back one screen and tap the newly saved APN to enable.
How to Dial:
- Your Italian Cell to USA: 001 - area code - US Phone Number
- USA to your Italian Cell: 011- 39- Your Italian Number
- Italian Cell to Italy: Direct Dial Italian number excluding the 39
- Italy to Italian Cell: Your Italian number excluding the 39
Checking Your Credit:
- Dial *104# and send it like a call to see your remaining data balance (1024mb = 1GB) and minutes.
- You can also dial Uno Mobile customer service and speak to an agent by dialing toll free from the handset 401001 (within Italy) or 3464441001 from a landline (within Italy)
- Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Purchasing More Call Credit:
- You can purchase additional standard call credit or another 30 day bundle cellularabroad.com.
Activating your voicemail:
- Dial 401002 SEND
- Choose option 4 for the language options
- Select option 2 for English
- Pressing option 7 will activate the voicemail.
Checking your voicemail:
- Dial 401003
- Select 5 to change the language
- Option 2 is English
- The default Pin is 1111
- For Uno Mobile support dial 401001 from your handset or email email@example.com
- For Cellular Abroad Support (M-F 10am-5pm CST):
- From a landline (NOT available from payphones, mobile phones, and majority of hotels) 00-800-3623-3333
- From your handset 001-310-862-7100 (not a toll free call)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us online
Roaming Rates in Europe:
- There is no longer roaming throughout the EU.
- Your Italian SIM card is good for 12 months from the last time call credit was added and will then be suspended for an additional 12 months. If credit is added to the SIM within this additional 12 month grace period your service will be reactivated along with any existing credit balance.
- You can recharge while in the US to extend your service life.