+1 310 862-7100
|Please be sure to read these instructions prior to departing for Tunisia
If you experience any technical difficulties with your phone or SIM card and you do not contact Cellular Abroad for technical support by phone or by email during your trip, we cannot offer any refund or compensation.
Your phone needs to be an unlocked dual-band, tri-band or quad-band GSM phone capable of functioning on the 900/1800 MHz GSM band in order to accept the SIM card.
Your Tunisia Cell to US: 001 – area code – phone number
US to Your Tunisia Cell: 011 – 216 – 9-digit number (drop the first 0)
Your Tunisia Cell Number to Tunisia: area code - phone number
Tunisia to Your Tunisia Cell Number: area code - phone number
Important: US toll free numbers are not accessible from overseas. Be sure to get valid international numbers prior to your departure.
Please Note: There is no support for service when roaming outside of Tunisia.
- Make sure the phone is charged and the menu settings are in English
For SIM Card Purchases Only
Snap out the SIM chip from the SIM card and insert the chip into your GSM Phone with the metal portion facing down as to make contact with the contact prongs.
- Make sure the phone is charged and the menu settings are in English.
- Turn on your phone and-if prompted-enter the 4-digit PIN code. (If not prompted, then the PIN-check feature has been turned off.) Your PIN and PUK codes are in your SIM card packaging.
PIN and PUK codes
The PIN (Personal Identification Number) code prevents unauthorized access to the SIM card in your phone. If you enter the PIN code incorrectly 3 times in a row, the SIM card will be blocked. To un-block the SIM card, you will need to enter the PUK (Personal Unlock Key) code. Please consult your manual for how to disable the PIN-check feature
Activating Your Service
- Call 1222 <Send> and then press option 1
- Your service is activated and you are now able to place or receive calls.
Checking Call Credit
- Dial 1222 <SEND> – a free call from your handset
- Follow the prompts
Purchasing More Talk Time
In order to recharge your account, purchase a recharge card. They are found in various denominations and can be purchased at kiosks, gas stations, newspaper stands or in other retail outlets or authorized dealer stores.
Adding Call Credit
- Scratch the protective coating off the back of your card to reveal the unique code.
- Dial *101* recharge coupon# and follow the instructions.
- Enter the code from the back of your card.
- You will receive notification when you have successfully applied your credit.
If you are unable to make or receive calls switch networks on your phone. Consult your phone’s manual. The steps will be like these:
- Menu > Settings/Setup > Network > Available Network/Change Network > Search
- Select a different network carrier than the one currently shown.
If you are receiving no reception bars, emergency calls only, SOS, or no service
check your phones band setting: Consult your phone’s manual. The steps will be like these:
- Menu > Settings/Setup > Network > Network Setup >Band
- Make sure you select 900/1800
For network or service issues:
- Dial 1111 from your Tunisia cellular phone. Customer service is available 24 hr/day.
For hardware issues:
- Please contact Cellular Abroad at +1-310-862-7100 (8am to 4pm PST, Monday through Saturday, English speaking reps) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
| Tunisiana Domestic Prepay Calls per min.
8AM - 10PM
0.224 TND (~$0.16 USD)
10PM - 8AM
0.148 TND (~$0.11 USD)
Outgoing SMS (up to 160 characters)
0.06 TND (~$0.04 USD)
International Calls per min.
USA, W. Europe, Russia
0.54 TND (~$0.40 USD)
Incoming SMS messages and calls, both international and domestic, are always FREE!
To inquire about the possibility of extending your SIM card’s service life while outside the SIM card’s country of origin, contact the telecom provider's customer service, Cellular Abroad does not provide support for this feature.
You will find a copy of these instructions on our website at http://www.cellularabroad.com/tunisiaSIMop.php.
Cellular Abroad is not responsible for typos, misinformation, change of service or menu prompts, lack of coverage or other possibilities that result in a lack of service or otherwise resulting in not being able to make or receive calls. We try to supply the most accurate information possible. Carrier rates, service plans and related information can change without notice. If you find any discrepancies between these instructions and your actual experience with the phone service or if you have useful additional information, we would appreciate any clarifications, suggestions or corrections. Please send your comments to email@example.com.
© 2008 Cellular Abroad