+1 310 862-7100
|Please be sure to read these instructions prior to departing for St. Vincent and the Grenadines. If you're consulting your phone's user guide, please defer to the instructions below with regard to the use of your St. Vincent and the Grenadines SIM card. (Phone manuals are written in general terms.)
A GSM cellular phone with no service-provider lock. If you are unsure whether your phone is locked or not, test it with a SIM card from a service provider other than your own. The phone must be capable of functioning in the 900 MHz GSM band. (More bands are ok.) Note: This SIM card is incompatible with the Ericsson R520 phone.
- A St. Vincent and the Grenadines pre-paid SIM card with a local cell phone number–you'll have the number before you depart!
- Complete with initial airtime worth about $9.30 USD-that's at least 29 minutes of local calling and about 26 minutes back to the US
- Add more call credits as needed by purchasing easily-obtainable recharge voucher cards in various denominations
- Unlimited FREE incoming calls from anywhere.
- Domestic rates as low as $0.19 cents per minute.
- Calls back to the US and Canada are only $0.49 cents per minute.
- No yearly contract, monthly charges, daily minimum charges, minimum minutes per call charges or credit checks
Your St. Vincent and the Grenadines Cell phone Number:
The SIM card is in a white envelope that says "Flex/prepaid" through the envelope window. Your phone number is seven digits and begins with 528. The area code for St. Vincent is 784. No country code is required when dialing from the U.S
Important: Most US toll free numbers are not accessable from overseas. Be sure to get valid international numbers prior to your departure.
Activating Your Service:
- Put the St. Vincent & the Grenadines SIM card into the cell phone*
- Enter the PIN1 code (see our instructions for removing this requirement)
- Be sure that the battery is charged and that you can access the menu features. Do not try to make or receive calls until you are physically in St. Vincent
- Upon arrival, turn on your phone and make a call to activate service
*Snap out the St. Vincent & the Grenadines SIM chip from the SIM chip holder and insert the chip into your GSM Phone with the metal portion facing down as to make contact with the contact prongs. (You will usually find your phone's SIM tray underneath the battery of your GSM cell phone.)
Adding Call Credit:
The currency in St. Vincent & the Grenadines is the East Caribbean Dollar (XCD). A $15 XCD (~ $5.60 USD) voucher is included with your SIM card and 10 XCD are pre-loaded on the SIM. Additional call credit can be added by purchasing Digicel FLEXtime vouchers. They are sold in denominations of $10, $15, $25, $40 and $70 (XCD) in St. Vincent & the Grenadines at tobacco shops, magazine kiosks and any convenience store displaying the Digicel logo. Even if you have zero credit - since incoming calls are always free - you will still be able to receive calls
To charge the SIM with a voucher card proceed as follows:
- Scratch off the grey protective layer to reveal your voucher code
- Follow the instructions on back of the FLEXtime recharge voucher card to add the credit
To check your remaining call credit:
- Dial 091 77 88 a free call from your handset
- Push 1 to get your balance and expiration date
|Domestic||Peak* ||Off-Peak** ||Weekends
|Landlines and Other Cell Phones||$0.85 XCD (~$0.32)||$0.80 XCD (~$0.30)||$0.75 XCD (~$0.28)
|Digicell cell phones||$0.75 XCD (~$0.28)||$0.65 XCD (~$0.24)||$0.50 XCD (~$0.19)
|Carribean||0.85 XCD (~$0.32)
|US, UK & Canada||0.95 XCS (~$0.35)|
|Rest of World||1.30 XCD (~$0.49)|
Rates are based on per-minute charges. Calls are actually billed on a per-second basis.
*Peak: 8:00:-18:00, Mon.-Fri.
**Off-peak: 18:01-7:59, Mon.-Fri.
Weekends: All hours Sat. and Sun.
All incoming calls are always FREE
To check your voicemail, dial 123<Send> and follow the prompts in English.
Your SIM card and accompanying phone number are good six months from initial activation or last recharge of credit. If more than six months pass between your first use of the phone, or the last date money was added, your account will be closed and your phone number deactivated
Call Digicel customer service from your cell phone while in St. Vincent by dialing 100. This is a free call. You may also reach them by calling 1-784-453-DIGI (3444) from the U.S. (Drop the leading "1-784" when calling from a local landline.)
For problems with your cellular phone, contact Cellular Abroad at 1-310-862-7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're having a service issue, please call Cellular Abroad or relay a message to us through a contact back in North America and include any alternate phone numbers as well as the best time for us to call. Usually there is a simple fix. (It's also important to document any problems while you're abroad instead of after your return.)
Note: Toll free 800 numbers based in the US can not be called from overseas cell phones in most cases. If you are able to connect to an 800 number in the US, you will be charged for an international outgoing call.
You will find a copy of these instructions on our website at http://www.cellularabroad.com/stvincentSIMop.php.
Cellular Abroad is not responsible for typos, misinformation, change of service or menu prompts, lack of coverage or other possibilities that result in a lack of service or otherwise resulting in not being able to make or receive calls. We've tried to supply the most accurate information possible, but carrier rates, service plans and related information can change without notice. If you find any discrepancies between these instructions and your actual experience with the phone service or if you have useful additional information, we would appreciate any clarifications, suggestions or corrections. Please send your comments to email@example.com.
© 2008 Cellular Abroad