+1 310 862-7100
Please be sure to read these instructions prior to departing for Poland.
If you experience any technical difficulties with your phone or SIM card and you do not contact Cellular Abroad for technical support by phone or by email during your trip, we cannot offer any refund or compensation.
Your phone needs to be an unlocked dual-band, tri-band or quad-band GSM phone capable of functioning on the 900/1800 MHz GSM band in order to accept the SIM card.
Your Poland Cell to US: 001 – area code – phone number
US to Your Poland Cell: 011 – 48 – area code – phone number
Your Poland Cell Number to Poland: area code - phone number
Poland to Your Poland Cell Number: area code - phone number
Important: US toll free numbers are not accessible from overseas. Be sure to get valid international numbers prior to your departure.
Please Note: There is no support for service when roaming outside of Poland.
- Make sure the phone is charged and the menu settings are in English.
For SIM Card Purchases Only
Snap out the SIM chip from the SIM card and insert the chip into your GSM Phone with the metal portion facing down as to make contact with the contact prongs.
- Turn on your phone and enter the 4 digit PIN1 code contained in your packaging You'll find this on the page facing your SIM card in your packaging. (Peel the pull-tab back to reveal the number). Consult your phone manual for how to do this. (Try consulting the index under "security", "lock", "SIM", or "PIN.")
PIN and PUK codes
The PIN (Personal Identification Number) code prevents unauthorized access to the SIM card in your phone. If you enter the PIN code incorrectly 3 times in a row, the SIM card will be blocked. To un-block the SIM card, you will need to enter the PUK (Personal Unlock Key) code. Please consult your manual for how to disable the PIN-check feature.
Activating Your Service
- Upon arrival in Poland you may start calling.
Changing Voice Prompts to English
- Call 9797.
- When you start hearing the voice in Polish, press 3 on your keypad.
- You should now hear instructions and prompts in English.
Set Voicemail to English:
- Call 602 950 000.
- When you start hearing the voice in Polish, press 2 on your keypad.
- Follow by pressing 7.
- Press 3 to choose the English as your voicemail language.
- You may proceed to setup your voicemail options as needed.
Checking Your Credit
You can check your account balance anytime.
- Dial *101#.
- Your remaining balance is displayed on the phone.
Purchasing More Talk Time
Your SIM card has an initial airtime credit of 20 PLN (Poland Zloty). Additional credit is available through the purchase of airtime vouchers, also called reload codes, while in Poland at tobacco shops, convenience stores, ERA shops and other authorized dealers. These airtime vouchers are available in 4 denominations, 20, 49, 99 and 149 Zloty.
Adding Talk Time
- Scratch off the scratch-off area to expose the PIN code
- Punch the code into the phone keypad
- Your SIM card is now recharged
If you are unable to make or receive calls switch networks on your phone. Consult your phone’s manual. The steps will be like these:
- Menu > Settings/Setup > Network > Available Network/Change Network > Search
- Select a different network carrier than the one currently shown.
If you are receiving no reception bars, emergency calls only, SOS, or no service
check your phones band setting: Consult your phone’s manual. The steps will be like these:
- Menu > Settings/Setup > Network > Network Setup >Band
- Make sure you select 900/1800
For network or service issues:
- Dial 9602 from your handset. Choose 8 for English. ERA customer service in Poland is 24 hr/day.
- From a landline, the international number is +48 602 900 000.
For hardware issues:
- Please contact Cellular Abroad at +1-310-862-7100 (8am to 4pm PST, Monday through Saturday, English speaking reps) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All incoming calls are FREE.
Voice Calls : $0.28/min
USA & Canada : $1.32/min
SMS/Text Messages to the US are approximately $0.19/msg. Incoming are free.
If you do not recharge your account within 3-months your Mobile phone number will be recycled and any remaining airtime credit will be forfeit. To get connected again you will be required to purchase another SIM card. The 3-month period starts the day you arrive in Poland.
To inquire about the possibility of extending your SIM card’s service life while outside the SIM card’s country of origin, contact the telecom provider's customer service, Cellular Abroad does not provide support for this feature.
You will find a copy of these instructions on our website at http://www.cellularabroad.com/polandSIMop.php.
Cellular Abroad is not responsible for typos, misinformation, change of service or menu prompts, lack of coverage or other possibilities that result in a lack of service or otherwise resulting in not being able to make or receive calls. We try to supply the most accurate information possible. Carrier rates, service plans and related information can change without notice. If you find any discrepancies between these instructions and your actual experience with the phone service or if you have useful additional information, we would appreciate any clarifications, suggestions or corrections. Please send your comments to email@example.com.
© 2008 Cellular Abroad