View Current Order
The Nokia 8890 remains a favorite GSM cell phone for use both in the US as well as overseas. It is a dual band phone, operating in both the GSM900 and GSM1900 networks. Depending on your overseas provider, they may not even utilize the 3rd frequency, which is 1800 mhz. The Nokia 8890, although missing some of the newer technology such as GPRS and a built-in camera, is still one of the sleekest, most attractive and sturdiest cell phones ever designed. If you need a great looking phone and you need make and receive phone calls worldwide without all the excess frills, the Nokia 8890 makes a powerful statement.
The first Nokia world phone
The Nokia 8890 operates in both the GSM900 and GSM1900 networks, which means you can make and receive calls across the world in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and the Americas.
Automatic network selection
No matter where you are in the world, the Nokia 8890 can select the correct network automatically.
Advanced wireless solutions
The Nokia 8890 has an infrared link for wireless communication with a compatible Nokia phone or a compatible PC or printer.
The Nokia 8890 can be connected with a compatible PC via its integrated infrared port.
PC Suite for Nokia 8890
With PC Suite you can write text messages or manage your phone's memory using a compatible PC. You can add, delete and copy names and phone numbers in PC Suite and then transfer the revised data to your phone via the infrared port. The setup software allows easy installation on a compatible PC running Windows 95/98.
Real time clock
A built-in clock lets you know what the correct time of your location is by checking it with the current network.
You can see the difference in the Nokia 8890. Its sleek, matte aluminium finish, its stylish design... and the beauty is certainly not only skin deep. Underneath that stunning exterior lies a sophisticated heart of ingenious features.
With the Nokia 8890 you only have to say a name to dial the number. Just speak into the microphone or use the headset to call one of the 8 voice activated numbers.
- 8890 GSM Phone
- Rechargable Li-Ion Battery
- Battery Charger
- Unlocked GSM phone
- Weight: 91 g (Lithium Battery)
- Dimensions: 100 x 44 x 18 mm
- Illuminated high-contrast, full-graphics display
- Up to 5 lines for text, numbers, graphics
- 250 names and numbers in phone, up to 250 on SIM card
- Memory for 50 calendar notes
Predictive text input
- Built-in dictionary database
- Support for over ten European languages
- Several default pictures
- All images are replaceable
- TTML browser allows your phone to receive new menu items, making it easy to access services from an operator.
- World Phone operates in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and the Americas
- GSM 900 (supports EGSM 900 band) and GSM1900
- Automatic switching between bands
- Automatic network selection
- Real time clock from network (Network Indicated Time Zone)
- Retractable antenna (for enchanced reception e.g. in GSM1900 zones) *
Security and cost control
- Electronic keyguard
- Security code
- PIN1, PIN2
- Call timers
- Call barring
- Advice of charge
- 23 language options available
- 35 default ringing tones
- Space for 5 received ringing tones
Built-in GSM data capability
- Built-in infrared link
- Internal modem for data connections
- Supports data transmission up to 9.6 kbps
- Infrared transfer of names and phone numbers between compatible phones
Battery performance and charging times
|Battery||Talk time||Standby time||Charging time|
|Standard Battery (BLB-2)|
650 mAh, Li-Ion
|2h - 3h 20 min||50 - 150h||2h 25 min|
Variation in operation times will occur depending on SIM card, network settings and usage. Talk time is increased by up to 30 % if Half Rate is active, and reduced by 5 % if Enhanced Full Rate is active.
The availability of particular products and services may vary by region. Please check with the Nokia dealer nearest you. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Pc Suite for Nokia 8890 will be downloadable at Nokia web pages in the near future.