+1 310 862-7100
|Please be sure to read these instructions before you leave!
If you experience any technical difficulties with your phone or SIM card and you do not contact Cellular Abroad for technical support by phone or by email during your trip, we cannot offer any refund or compensation.
WARNING FOR IPHONE 4S USERS: This SIM Card will currently not work in your phone, unless you purchased your iPhone 4S from AT&T.
A GSM cellular phone with no service-provider lock. The phone must be capable of functioning in the 1900 GSM band. (More bands are ok.)
Your US Cell Number to US & Canada: 1 – area code – phone number
Your US Cell Number to US (while in Mexico): 001 – area code – phone number
Your US Cell Number to Mexico (while in Mexico): Local Mexican area code – phone number
Mexico Numbers to Your US Cell Number: 001 – area code – phone number
Snap out the SIM chip from the SIM card and insert the chip into your GSM Phone with the metal portion facing down as to make contact with the contact prongs.
To activate your service:
1. Visit: https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/
2. Select: GoPhone -> Pay As You Go
3. Enter required info - !Smartphone users! - you must select "basic messaging" when prompted for type of device to populate the correct rate plan option.
4. Select $0.10 Plan
5. Once you have your new number call 1-800-901-9878 or 611 from your handset to setup an account to add call credit
6. You must add your initial $15 credit voucher. (Included on your order) This can be done from the activation conformation screen or by dialing 611 while in the US or *729 while in Mexico.
Having any issues with the activation process? Contact 1-800-331-0500 and ask specifically for the Prepaid Gophone department.
Checking your credit:
You can dial *777# to check your credit at any time.
Adding Talk Time:
The easiest way to add additional talk time is over the phone directly from the handset. You can add talk time from the US or within Mexico with a US credit card. Dial 611 to reach Customer Support or *729 to reach the Payment Center.
NOTE:To add your recharge voucher codes while in the US or Canada, dial *888*(recharge PIN code)#send. While in Mexico dial *729 to reach the Payment Center and follow the prompts.
Voicemail must be activated while in the U.S. before you leave for Mexico or Canada. Press and hold the 1 key on your handset to connect to your voice mail box system and follow the phone instructions to set up your recorded message. Listening to your voice mail costs $0.10 per minute while in the US and $0.25 per minute while in Mexico
Information and Talk Rates Chart
- US cell phone number
- SMS Text Messages
- Pay as you go service
- Supports data (in the US) - $0.0195 per KB
- 150 minutes of incoming or outgoing calls in the U.S.
- 60 minutes of incoming or outgoing calls in Mexico
- 39 minutes of incoming or outgoing call in Canada
|Talk Rates (per min.)
Mexico : $0.25 in&out
US : $0.10 in&out
Canada : $0.39 in&out
|Text / SMS Rates
3G data is not available
If you are unable to make calls to the US try dialing 00 before the 1 area code and number.
If you are unable to make or receive calls switch networks on your phone. Consult your phone’s manual. The steps will be like these:
- Menu > Settings/Setup > Network > Available Network/Change Network > Search
- Select a different network carrier than the one currently shown.
If you are receiving no reception bars, emergency calls only, SOS, or no service
check your phones band setting: Consult your phone’s manual. The steps will be like these:
- Menu > Settings/Setup > Network > Network Setup >Band
- Make sure you select 1900
When you add call credit, you also extend the validity period as follows:
- $15 : 30 days
- $25 : 90 days
- $50 : 90 days
- $75 : 90 days
- $100 : 365 day
For hardware issues:
- Please contact Cellular Abroad at +1-310-862-7100 (8am to 4pm PST, Monday through Saturday, English speaking reps) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will find a copy of these instructions on our website at http://www.cellularabroad.com/mexicoSIMop.php.
© 2008 Cellular Abroad
Cellular Abroad is not responsible for typos, misinformation, change of service or menu prompts, lack of coverage or other possibilities that result in a lack of service or otherwise resulting in not being able to make or receive calls. We try to supply the most accurate information possible. Carrier rates, service plans and related information can change without notice. If you find any discrepancies between these instructions and your actual experience with the phone service or if you have useful additional information, we would appreciate any clarifications, suggestions or corrections. Please send your comments to email@example.com.