+1 310 862-7100
|Please be sure to read these instructions prior to departing.
If you experience any technical difficulties with your phone or SIM card and you do not contact Cellular Abroad for technical support by phone or by email during your trip, we cannot offer any refund or compensation.
WARNING: This SIM Card does not make or receive calls. It is a broadband data SIM Card for data sessions only.
Setting up your International Latin America Data SIM Card
Your SIM chip is in the envelope attached to these instructions.
- Your Service has been registered by Cellular Abroad
- You Must set your APN to: internet.keepgo.com
- If you have also purchased a Wi-Fi hotspot device the SIM is inserted and the APN already set.
- The SIM Card lasts for 30 days from first detecting a network in Latin America. Additional credit can be added to the SIM card if necessary.
Insert the SIM chip into your device - typically the SIM bay is found
underneath the battery on most standard GSM phones. iPhone and iPad
users have SIM trays that slide out from the top/side. The metal portion of
your SIM chip should be facing the gold metal contact prongs inside your
Data APN Setup
Android OS Phone Setup
- Select Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks
- Leave Data Roaming unchecked
- Select Access Point Names
- In APNs screen, bring up the menu screen and select Add new or New APN
- Set the following case-sensitive options:
MCC: Do not edit this record
MNC: Do not edit this record
Authentication type: "None"
APN type: Leave blank, or choose "Internet" if given a dropdown list
- Tap the menu screen again and select "Save" or "Save APN"
- Your new APN should appear in the list on the "APNs" screen
- Do not activate this APN until you arrive.
- To activate your data account, tap the dot next to the APN name to turn it green.
- Once activated, you can start browsing.
iPhone, iPad and iOS Phone Setup
- Select Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network OR
Settings > Cellular Data > APN Settings for iPad
- Set the APN to: internet.keepgo.com
- Leave the username and password blank.
- Once set, you do not need to save
- Set your Data Roaming toggle ON when you arrive.
- Start browsing.
Other Phone Model Setup
- Most phones have similar Data Network or Connectivity settings menus. Below is a list of the most common settings:
Authentication type: "None"
APN type: "Internet" or leave blank if no drop down menu option
- If you are unsure about your settings, call our support hotline at +1-310-862-7100
To reach Cellular Abroad for recharges, billing or hardware support:
From a landline, (NOT from payphones, mobile phones, and majority of hotels) Cellular Abroad can be reached 8am to 4pm PST, Monday - Friday with English customer support and recharge services by dialing this number: 00-800-3623-3333. Please note that some hotels may charge for toll free calls. You may reach us from your cell phone at +1-310-862-7100 (not a toll free call) or via email at email@example.com.
Your data service is good for 30 days from the time it's activated.
You will find a copy of these instructions on our website at /internat1gbdataSIMop.php.
Cellular Abroad is not responsible for typos, misinformation, change of service or menu prompts, lack of coverage or other possibilities that result in a lack of service or otherwise resulting in not being able to make or receive calls. We've tried to supply the most accurate information possible, but carrier rates, service plans and related information can change without notice. If you find any discrepancies between these instructions and your actual experience with the phone service or if you have useful additional information, we would appreciate any clarifications, suggestions or corrections. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016 Cellular Abroad
Last updated 2 Jan, 2016