+1 310 862-7100
|Please be sure to read these instructions prior to departing for Hong Kong.
If you experience any technical difficulties with your phone or SIM card and you do not contact Cellular Abroad for technical support by phone or by email during your trip, we cannot offer any refund or compensation.
Your phone needs to be an unlocked dual-band, tri-band or quad-band GSM phone capable of functioning on the 900/1800 MHz GSM band in order to accept the SIM card.
Your Hong Kong Cell to US: 0060 – 1 – area code – phone number
to Your Hong Kong Cell: 011 – 852 – area code – phone number
Your Hong Kong Cell Number to Hong Kong: area code - phone number
Hong Kong to Your Hong Kong Cell Number: area code - phone number
To dial long distance without using IDD 1718 service, dial 00 then country code, area code and phone number.
Important: US toll free numbers are not accessible from overseas. Be sure to get valid international numbers prior to your departure.
Please Note: There is no support for service when roaming outside of Hong Kong.
- Make sure the phone is charged and the menu settings are in English.
For SIM Card Purchases Only
Snap out the SIM chip from the SIM card and insert the chip into your GSM Phone with the metal portion facing down as to make contact with the contact prongs.
- Make sure your phone is charged and the menu settings are in English.
Activating your service
- Go to Hong Kong
- Your Hong Kong SIM card is ready for use. Your first call activates the card.
International Direct Dial (IDD)
The IDD prefix is the international prefix required to dial a call from the country listed to another country. This is followed by the country code for the country being called.
Generally, better quality connections (often called "premium" by the suppliers) are more expensive than calls made on lower rate ("budget") where the line may crackle and have a time lag.
How to make IDD calls:
- Making IDD calls on mobile phone:
Press 0060 + COUNTRY/TERRITORY CODE + AREA CODE + TEL NO.
Press 001 + COUNTRY/TERRITORY CODE + AREA CODE + TEL NO.
Press (+) + COUNTRY/TERRITORY CODE + AREA CODE + TEL NO.
- Making IDD 0060 calls by fixed-line phone: Making IDD calls from any fixed-line phone in Hong Kong is simple. No additional charges for local airtime.
- Dial access number on any fixed-line phone
3066 8861 (English)
3066 8863 (Cantonese)
3066 8868 (Putonghua)
- Enter your PCCW mobile number
- Enter your 6-digit PIN* then press (#)
- Press COUNTRY/TERRITORY CODE + AREA CODE + TEL. NO + (#)
Adding Talk Time:
Purchase a Recharge Voucher at any authorized dealers in Hong Kong. (At all 1010 Centres, One2Free Shops, CSL Care Centre, PCCW Shops, 7-Eleven, Mannings, Wellcome, Circle K, Daily Stop and other designated outlets.) Recharge Vouchers are credit-card sized scratchcards:
- Scratch off the box to reveal the 16-digit recharge code
- Dial ##124* followed by your 16-digit recharge code, then # and press SEND
- e.g. ##124*1234567891234567# SEND
- You can check your balance to make sure the credit was added by dialing ##122# SEND
If you are unable to make or receive calls switch networks on your phone. Consult your phone’s manual. The steps will be like these:
- Menu > Settings/Setup > Network > Available Network/Change Network > Search
- Select a different network carrier than the one currently shown.
If you are receiving no reception bars, emergency calls only, SOS, or no service
check your phones band setting: Consult your phone’s manual. The steps will be like these:
- Menu > Settings/Setup > Network > Network Setup >Band
- Make sure you select 900/1800
For network or service issues:
- In Hong Kong dial 179 179 (toll-free) or 2888 1010 from your handset.
- You can also reach customer service calling +852 2888 1010. (Choose option 1 for English and be prepared to supply your Hong Kong phone number. Once in the main menu, press "0" to speak to an operator.)
For hardware issues:
- Please contact Cellular Abroad at +1-310-862-7100 (8am to 4pm PST, Monday through Saturday, English speaking reps) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below rates are expressed in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) and are based on per minute charges. Calls are billed in 30-second increments. All incoming calls within Hong Kong, regardless of origin, are $0.25 HKD. For up-to-date exchange rate info, visit www.xe.com.
|Incoming (INTERNATIONAL OR
$0.25 HKD ($0.03 USD)
||$0.25 HKD ($0.03 USD)
|InternationalOutgoing (IDD 0060) Peak
|USA and Canada $0.23 ($0.03 USD)
$0.23 ($0.03 USD)
|TAIWAN $1.99 ($0.26 USD)
||$1.99 ($0.26 USD)
|China (Shenzhen & Shekou) $0.25 ($0.03USD)
|China (Guangdong) $0.25 ($0.03USD)
|China (Rest of China)$0.25 ($0.03USD)
|SMS (up to 160
||$0.70 ($0.01 USD)
||$1.80 ($0.23 USD)
- Local calls, IDD and international call-forwarding calls are charged on a per-minute basis. Local airtime charges apply when using the services.
- International roaming calls are charged on a per 30-second basic.
- Local airtime charges are applied when local call forwarding.
For network or service issues:
- In Hong Kong dial 1833 803 from your handset.
- You can also reach customer service at www.pccwmobile.com
Each PCCW Hong Kong SIM card is valid for 180 days. If the Prepaid SIM Card is used up or is going to expire, simply recharge it. After recharging, the mobile phone number can be extended to another 60 days from the date of recharge.
You will find a copy of these instructions on our website at http://www.cellularabroad.com/hkSIMop.php.
© 2011 Cellular Abroad
Cellular Abroad is not responsible for typos, misinformation, change of service or menu prompts, lack of coverage or other possibilities that result in a lack of service or otherwise resulting in not being able to make or receive calls. We try to supply the most accurate information possible. Carrier rates, service plans and related information can change without notice. If you find any discrepancies between these instructions and your actual experience with the phone service or if you have useful additional information, we would appreciate any clarifications, suggestions or corrections. Please send your comments to email@example.com.