|SIM Card Purchase for Hong Kong
Cellular Abroad SIM Card for Hong Kong
A Hong Kong Prepaid SIM Card, in conjunction with the correct unlocked GSM cell phone, allows you to have a Hong Kong cell phone number and to take advantage of the low rates that the locals pay - and without a cellular contract. The rates are extremely advantageous, even for international calls!
Information and Talk Rates Chart
- Text Messaging
- Phone number local to Hong Kong
292 min International
292 min Domestic
292 min Incoming
|Domestic Talk Rates
|International Talk Rates *
Outgoing US$0.03 to US
|SMS Text Messages *
Outgoing US$0.23 to US
|3G data is not available
*You can find more detailed information on rates including roaming charges here.
- A Hong Kong prepaid SIM card and Hong Kong cell phone number
- Add additional call credits by purchasing easily-obtainable recharge vouchers at convenience outlets all over Hong Kong
- Calls back to the US and Canada US$0.03
- Domestic rates US$0.03/min.
- All incoming calls, regardless of origin, are US$0.03/min
- No yearly contract, monthly charges or credit check
- Prompts available in English language
- SMS capability
- Note: This SIM is not recommended for use in China as it may be difficult to get additional talk time out of HK. If needed, you can purchase a China SIM card or hybrid China-Hong Kong SIM. The latter, provides you with local service in both countries.
Your Phone Number:
Your phone number will be a local Hong Kong cellular phone number. You will find it in your SIM card packaging.
Installing your SIM chip:
Snap out the SIM chip from the SIM card and insert the chip into your GSM Phone with the metal portion facing down as to make contact with the metal contact points. (You will usually find your phone's SIM tray underneath the battery of your GSM cell phone.)
Activating your service:
- Go to Hong Kong
- Your Hong Kong SIM card is ready for use. Your first call activates the card.
Adding Talk Time:
Purchase a Recharge Voucher at any CSL Limited shop or any other of the many authorized dealers in Hong Kong. (At all 1010 Centres, One2Free Shops, CSL Care Centre, PCCW Shops, 7-Eleven, Mannings, Wellcome, Circle K, Daily Stop and other designated outlets.) CSL Roaming Prepaid SIM can store up to $5000 stored-value. (After 3-consequence recharges, you need to make a call or receive a call to clear the buffer before adding more recharges.)
- Call 179 179 (toll-free) with any tone-dialing phone
- Press "1" to recharge & fund transfer(Customer should key in mobile no. & user a/c no. if not using mobile phone, with Prepaid SIM Card)
- Press "1" to select Recharge by Voucher
- Scratch the silver strip on the voucher gently with a coin
- Key in the 12-digit activation number on the voucher
- Key in the recharge amount to voice store-value(Customer can choose any combination of recharge amount for voice short messages; if the voice recharge amount is not the total amount of the recharge voucher, the rest of the recharge voucher amount will be recharged to short messages)
- The new voice & stored-value balance and expiry date will be announced.
- The remaining stored-value will be valid for 180 days after recharge (starting from the date of recharge).
- The recharged value will become active immediately.
- The mobile phone number remains unchanged.
Stored-Value Transfer (From stored-value of voice to short messages only)
You can transfer the stored-value from voice to short messages whenever it is nearly used-up. The procedure is as follows:
- Call toll-free no. 179 179 with any tone-dialing phones
- Press "1" to recharge & transfer fund (Customer should key in mobile no. & user a/c no. if not using mobile phone, with Prepaid SIM Card)(For user a/c no., please refer to user guide (local usage) of Roaming Prepaid SIM Card)
- Press "2" to select fund transfer
- Key in the transfer amount to SMS (minimum amount is $1)
- Confirmation on the transfer amount
- The new voice & SMS stored-value balance will be announced.
Below rates are expressed in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) and are based on per minute charges. Calls are billed in 30-second increments. All incoming calls within Hong Kong, regardless of origin, are $0.25 HKD. For up-to-date exchange rate info, visit www.xe.com.
|Incoming (INTERNATIONAL OR
$0.25 HKD ($0.03 USD)
||$0.25 HKD ($0.03 USD)
|InternationalOutgoing (IDD 0060) Peak
|USA and Canada $0.23 ($0.03 USD)
$0.23 ($0.03 USD)
|TAIWAN $1.99 ($0.26 USD)
||$1.99 ($0.26 USD)
|China (Shenzhen & Shekou) $0.25 ($0.03USD)
|China (Guangdong) $0.25 ($0.03USD)
|China (Rest of China)$0.25 ($0.03USD)
|SMS (up to 160
||$0.70 ($0.01 USD)
||$1.80 ($0.23 USD)
- Local calls, IDD and international call-forwarding calls are charged on a per-minute basis. Local airtime charges apply when using the services.
- International roaming calls are charged on a per 30-second basic.
- Local airtime charges are applied when local call forwarding.
For network or service issues:
- In Hong Kong dial 1833 803 from your handset.
- You can also reach customer service at www.pccwmobile.com
You can also purchase other SIM cards as well for other countries to where you may be traveling. (This option is good for those planning on doing a lot of local calling.) We also offer an international roaming National Geographic Talk Abroad™ SIM Card that is convenient for travel to multiple countries. (This option is useful for those wanting a single number for use in multiple countries and who will be making more calls back home than locally.)