SIM Card for Germany
German cell phone number w/ free incoming calls from anywhere in the world
US phone number available as an option - $19 per 6hrs of incoming calls!
Standard rates to the US just $0.04 per minute
3GB Data bundle available – 3G speed
Pay as you go – no contracts to sign
Coverage on T-Mobile Deutschland
In addition to the great call rates that Lebara offers, you can also add a very affordable data package. Free wifi is not always available in Germany and it is never a secure way to access the internet. The data package we offer has 3G connectivity anytime and virtually anywhere in Germany. We offer a 3GB bundle for $69 which lasts for 30 days from text activation upon arrival in Germany.
- German cell phone number w/ free incoming calls from anywhere in the world!
- Domestic outgoing rates of €0.09/minute (€0.15 per call connection fee)
- International outgoing rates of €0.03/minute ($0.05/minute). Connection fee of €0.15/call ($0.20)
- Includes initial credit of 300 min. international (depending on number of calls made), 100 min. domestic.
- Add more minutes by purchasing a Lebara recharge card from Cellular Abroad or at convenience stores, supermarkets and magazine stands in Germany.
- Voicemail (calls are €0.09/minute)
- SMS/Text messages (free incoming and only €0.15/message domestic and international).
- US phone number add on available - $19 per 240 minutes of of incoming calls (6hrs).
- You can call forward your existing US number to the US number we provide.
- From a landline, (NOT from payphones, mobile phones, and majority of hotels) Cellular Abroad can be reached 8am to 4pm PST, 5 days a week with English customer support and recharge services by dialing this number: 00-800-3623-3333. From a cell: +1-310-862-7100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The standard Lebara Mobile rate plan includes 300 minutes of international calls, or 100 mins domestic calling. We also offer the Lebara 3GB data bundle for $69, available as an add on the cart.
|Information and Talk Rates Chart|
|Key Features||Included Credit||Local calls within Germany||International Calls||Text / SMS Rates||Internet/Data Rates|
Recharge Vouchers & Add-ons
The easiest way to purchase more talk time credit is calling Cellular Abroad at +1-310-862-7100 (8am to 4pm PST, Monday through Saturday, English speaking reps), but you can also order online 24/7 through our website, before or during your trip.
Will the Germany SIM card work with my phone?
As long as your cell phone is unlocked and has the 900 and 1800 Mhz bands, it is compatible with your phone.
How do I know if my phone is unlocked?
You cannot tell physically if your cell phone is unlocked. If you are with AT&T and you put a different SIM card (such as T-Mobile) in and it picks up a network, it is unlocked. Conversely, if you put another SIM card in and it says, “enter subsidy code” or similar, it is locked. Call your carrier to check to see if your phone is unlocked or if it qualifies for being unlocked.
Do you offer micro and nano SIM cards?
Yes we do. They are available during checkout.
Why don’t I just purchase a SIM card when I get to Germany?
Purchasing a SIM card for your phone when you arrive in Germany is inconvenient. Most people do not want to cut into their vacation time in order to do so. Plus, they want to have the phone number before they leave and their phone available to use as soon as they arrive. In addition, the Lebara German card has better rates and bundles than SIM cards available in Germany and has English instructions and English speaking customer service.
How good is the coverage?
In a word; excellent. As a rule of thumb, as long as there are roads that are traveled on and houses where people live, there is coverage.
Where can I get more talk time?
You can get additional call credit either through Cellular Abroad or through any convenient store. Ask for a recharge voucher for Lebara Germany.
Will it work as soon as I land in Germany?
Yes, for calling and texting. If you purchased the 3GB data bundle you will need to send a text (per the instructions) to activate the plan.
Does it work outside of Germany?
Yes but you will incur roaming rates. Unless you are taking a short trip outside of Germany (ex. Austria for the day), we don’t recommend roaming with your SIM card.
How much will it cost people in the USA/Canada to call me on my German number?
That depends on their plan. A great option is to add the “US Number” feature to your service. Each $19 will give you 240 minutes of incoming calls on a US number.
Can I keep my usual number?
Yes you can. Purchase the US Number add on and forward your current number to the new one (ask your carrier what the procedure is). This is ideal for business travelers who need to be reached at all times but is also a double edged sword for travelers going for a bit of rest and relaxation as anyone who calls your usual number will reach you. Another option is just to give a select few your new US number.
Can I use the SIM card next year when I go to Germany?
Perhaps. You must add call credit at least once every 6 months to retain your number and service.
More questions? Call us at 800.287.5072 and we will be glad to be of assistance.