|SIM Card Purchase for French Polynesia
Cellular Abroad SIM Card for French Polynesia
A French Polynesia Prepaid SIM Card, in conjunction with the correct GSM cell phone, allows you to have a local French Polynesian cell phone number and to take advantage of the low rates that the locals pay - and without a cellular contract. The rates are extremely advantageous and even include unlimited FREE incoming calls from anywhere in the world. This is easily the most convenient and economical solution for staying in touch while in paradise!
*You can find more detailed information on rates including roaming charges here.
- Unlimited FREE incoming calls
- Low rates within any of the French Polynesian island, (Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, etc.) and overseas, including international calls to the US and Europe at 185 XPF ($2.00) per minute
- A French Polynesian SIM card
- A French Polynesian cellular phone number
- Complete with initial airtime worth 2,490 XPF (About $27 US. That's around 25 minutes of local calls, 13 minutes of international outgoing calls or any combination thereof)
- Voicemail (free to call)
- SMS (33 XPF)
- Add talk time as often and as much as necessary
- No yearly contract, monthly charges or credit check
Whether you are in Tahiti, Bora Bora or any other area within French Polynesia, you will get be able to utilize Cellular AbroadÕs Polynesian SIM card to attain inexpensive yet excellent cellular service. In fact, All the districts in the Island of Tahiti (Capital) and the districts and villages in major islands of French Polynesia are covered, 97% of all populated areas. An alternative map: Coverage Map
Activating Your Service:
- Go to French Polynesia
- Wait for the display to show the network << F- >> or << 54720 >>
- Dial 222 Follow the instructions you hear to receive your phone number and call credit
- You are now ready to make and receive calls
Switching Service to English:
- Call 222
- wait 3 seconds
- Press 3
- wait 3 seconds
- Press 1
Adding Talk Time:
You can easily add more call time to your French Polynesia Prepaid SIM Card. With recharge codes from Cellular Abroad, you can order more prepaid talk time with your order, before you leave on your trip; order via phone from abroad, through the web or even by relaying a request through a pre-designated contact in North America. These codes are also available on recharge cards available in most supermarkets, service stations and selected dairies and appliance stores in French Polynesia. Cellular Abroad sells the 1000 XPF denomination, but you can also buy recharges in 5140 XPF denominations in French Polynesia.
Many people enjoy the convenience of being able to purchase more talk time without having to go to a store. Busy executives, students or travelers with a busy itinerary find that ordering recharge codes from Cellular Abroad either before their trip or while on the road is a fantastic and unique service. Please let us know who will be calling-in your recharge orders if you plan on someone relaying requests for recharge codes. We'll supply the code(s) to your contact and charge your credit card. They will need to call or email you and you will still need to apply the credit yourself via your handset.
Remember that even if you have zero credit—since incoming calls are always free—you will still be able to receive calls.
To add more talk time to your prepaid account:
- Purchase a recharge code from Cellular Abroad or a recharge card at a French Polynesia convenience store or retailer of Vini recharge cards
- Rub off the gray protective coating on the back of the recharge card, if applicable
- With your 14-digit number ready, Dial 222 <Send> from your cellular phone
- Follow the instructions you hear
Rates are per minute and are expressed in French Polynesian Currency, also know as XPF. For up-to-date currency exchange rates, use the Currency Converter.
||99 XPF ($1.08 US)
||55 XPF ($0.60 US)
||185 XPF ($2.00 US)
||55 XPF ($0.60 US)
Your French Polynesia SIM card air time credit is valid for two months after placing your first call. Each refill extends the validity for 60 days, for a maximum of 180 days.
You can also purchase other SIM cards as well for other countries to where you may be traveling. (This option is good for those planning on doing a lot of local calling.) We also offer an international roaming National Geographic Talk Abroad™ SIM Card that is convenient for travel to multiple countries. (This option is useful for those wanting a single number for use in multiple countries and who will be making more calls back home than locally.)