|China MiFi Data Service Rentals
|China MiFi Device Rental
|*PLUS the price of (1) recharge voucher for 1GB data ($49).
|OUT OF STOCK. Please try back later
How does it work?
The MiFi allows you to create your own virtual hotspot and, with this hotspot, you can connect up to five devices or users at one time. Our China mobile broadband MiFi device comes preconfigured and ready to go. Once you arrive in China, simply turn on the MiFi and you will have an instant hotspot. You can even use your service to access to make international and local calls through Skype or similar voice over IP services.
Our Wireless broadband rental for China is the perfect solution for accessing the internet any time and any place you desire while in China for an affordable price. As the service is prepaid, you will never get "bill shock" and you know up front exactly what your costs are. The rental includes a pre-configured MiFi mobile hotspot modem as well as a pre-installed China Mobile SIM card. Mobile broadband coverage in China with China Mobile, the largest carrier in the world, is excellent and speeds are up to 7.2 Mbps.
Your MiFi rental comes with the following features:
- MiFi Device with pre-installed China SIM card
- Can connect up to 5 WiFi compatible devices simultaneously
- International charger and plug adapters
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
- 10M (30 ft) range of network coverage
- Travel Pouch
With your initial purchase of $49, you get 1GB of bandwidth. For each 1GB of credit, you get roughly:
- 5,000 one-page text emails sent or received
- 750 one-page emails with an attachment
- 2,000 Web page views
- 250 medium resolution photos
- 100 minutes of standard-quality streaming video
- 2.5Mbps maximum downspeed (On 3G/HSDPA connection)
- 0.9Mbps maximum upspeed (On 3G/HSDPA connection)
- 3G/HSDPA available in most major towns and cities
Important FAQs for Rentals
- When do I order?
You can order as far in advance as you like - even months prior to your departure. We will ship your rental at the appropriate date in order for you to receive it prior to your departure. Rentals are shipped ground or express service and will arrive 2 business days prior to your set departure date.
- What will this cost me?
- The applicable rental period fee for the duration of your rental period. (See 'Plans' tab)
- The price of 1 International MiFi Recharge ($49.00)
- Round-trip shipping and handling fee (see below).
- How much is shipping?
If you order at least 2 weeks in advance, round-trip Ground shipping is only $12.88. If you are leaving soon, we offer round-trip 2-day Express for $29.96, or Overnight Express for $39.96. Rentals will arrive 2 business days prior to your set departure date.
- What is the latest I can order a rental MiFi?
You can order up to one business day prior to your departure as long as you call in before to 1:30pm Pacific Time. Exceptions can be made on a limited basis, even if you are leaving early in the morning - we can usually get your MiFi device to you. Please call our 800 number (rather than order via the web) in order to confirm that we can get you a MiFi device on time.
- When do I get the MiFi?
You will receive your MiFi device rental two days prior to your departure, unless you require next day delivery.
- Does the MiFi device come charged?
Yes it does, but itís always best to test the battery and charge device before your departure.
- Can I charge this device on my trip?
Yes, you will receive an international charger and relevant plug adapters, so you can charge the device in the U.S. or at your destination.
- How do I return the device?
Round trip shipping is included in your shipping fee. You will be provided with a return sticker label, which you can put on the box the device arrived in, or your own box. If using your own box please do not use an extremely oversized box. (Canadian rental customers click here)
- What happens if I cancel?
If your rental has not shipped, you will only be charged a 5% reserve fee. If your rental has been sent out, you are responsible for the one week rental fee plus the shipping fee.
- Are there any surcharges or hidden fees?
Unless you are roaming outside of the country or countries for which your service is offered, the rates are fixed according to our posted rate chart and coverage areas. All rental customers are subject to our Terms & Conditions.
- Does Cellular Abroad offer insurance against loss or damage?
Yes, rental insurance is available for $29.50 as an add-on once you add your item to the cart. See what is covered here.