+1 310 862-7100
|Please be sure to read these instructions prior to departing for Austria.
If you experience any technical difficulties with your phone or SIM card and you do not contact Cellular Abroad for technical support by phone or by email during your trip, we cannot offer any refund or compensation.
Your phone needs to be an unlocked dual-band, tri-band or quad-band GSM phone capable of functioning in the 900/1800 MHz GSM band.
Your Austria Cell to US: 001 – area code – phone number
US to Your Austria Cell: 011 – 43 – phone number (drop the first 0 in the phone number)
Your Austria Cell Number to Austria: area code - phone number
Austria to Your Austria Cell Number: area code - phone number
Important: Toll free 800 numbers based in the US can not always be called from this service.
Please Note: There is no support for service when roaming outside of Austria
Rental / Phone Purchase Setup
- The SIM Card has been installed
- Make sure your phone is charged before you leave
- The initial credit has been preloaded
For SIM Card Only Purchases
Snap out the SIM chip from the SIM card and insert the chip into your GSM Phone with the metal portion facing down as to make contact with the contact prongs.
- If prompted for a PIN number, your default PIN is "0000". To disable PIN-check at startup, consult your phone's user guide.
- The initial credit has been preloaded
PIN and PUK codes
The PIN (Personal Identification Number) code prevents unauthorized access to the SIM card in your phone. If you enter the PIN code incorrectly 3 times in a row, the SIM card will be blocked. To un-block the SIM card, you will need to enter the PUK (Personal Unlock Key) code. Please consult your manual for how to disable the PIN-check feature.
Activating Your Service
Your first call in Austria will activate your service.
Dial 2200 to retrieve your voicemails. You can personalize your voicemail by following the voice prompts.
Checking Your Credit:
You may check your account balance through your handset (in Austria only)
- Dial *101# SEND and your balance will be displayed on your handset.
- Even if you have a zero balance, you will still be able to receive incoming calls for free.
Recharging Your SIM Card
Vectone Mobile recharge cards are available in different Euro denominations (€5.00, €10.00 and €20.00) throughout Austria, including convenience stores and gas stations. Vectone Mobile recharge cards have a scratch-off box on the back that reveals a unique "Recharge PIN" which you can dial into your phone to redeem your talk time.
Adding More Talk Time
You can add the credit directly from your handset.
- Dial *101* followed by your Recharge PIN, and the # sign, then press SEND e.g. *101*1235467890# SEND
- You will see a confirmation on the screen that your credit has been applied.
- Alternatively, dial 1244 and follow the instructions.
Make sure your phone is on the 900/1800 MHz band settings. If you can receive calls but cannot make calls, this is a sign that you need to add talk time to your account.
For network or service issues:
- Call 2211 from your handset for toll-free customer support from Vectone Mobile while in Austria.
- Vectone Mobile can also be reached at +43 688 911 6888.
- To reach Cellular Abroad from Austria, call 001 310 862 7100.
To reach Cellular Abroad for support:
- From a landline, (NOT from payphones, mobile phones, and majority of hotels) Cellular Abroad can be reached 8am to 4pm PST, Monday - Friday with English customer support at 00-800-3623-3333. Please note that some hotels may charge for toll free calls.
You may reach also reach us at +1-310-862-7100 (not a toll free call) or via email at email@example.com.
All rates are per-minute and expressed in Euros. There is a €0.10 surcharge for every outgoing call regardless of where you are calling to.
Incoming Free / Outgoing €0.05
Free Talk Time
Free Vectone to Vectone, up to 3,000 minutes. €0.10/min thereafter
USA & Canada
€0.03 per min landline / €0.03 per min cellphone
€0.01 per min landline / €0.24 per min cellphone
€0.01 per min landline / €0.20 per min cellphone
€0.04 per min landline / €0.16 per min cellphone
€0.01 per min landline / €0.12 per min cellphone
€0.09 per message
Other Useful Numbers
- Dial 000 <Talk/Send> or 112 <Talk/Send> toll free in order to contact the police or an ambulance.
You must recharge your card at least once every 90 days or you will forfeit your Austrian cellular number and remaining credit. To inquire about the possibility of extending your SIM card’s service life while outside the SIM card’s country of origin contact the telecom provider's customer service, Cellular Abroad does not provide support for this feature.
You will find a copy of these instructions on our website at /australiaSIMop.php
© 2011 Cellular Abroad
Cellular Abroad is not responsible for typos, misinformation, change of service or menu prompts, lack of coverage or other possibilities that result in a lack of service or otherwise resulting in not being able to make or receive calls. We've tried to supply the most accurate information possible. Carrier rates, service plans and related information can change without notice. If you find any discrepancies between these instructions and your actual experience with the phone service or if you have useful additional information, we would appreciate any clarifications, suggestions or corrections. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.