A data enabled SIM card specifically intended for use in the United Kingdom is the most cost effective way to access mobile broadband while in the UK. This data SIM, from the UK carrier Three, shields you from the high data roaming fees associated with traditional roaming through North American providers such as AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile. With our UK SIM card, you are not roaming; the data fees are extremely affordable - the initial SIM card offers 1GB of data for use in the UK. Additional data credit can be added to your account - each $29 voucher gets you an additional 1GB of credit. The SIM card is also available as a micro SIM so it's compatible with the latest Apple products like iPhone 4, 4S, and iPad 2 and 3.
Please note: This SIM card is NOT enabled for voice. If you need a communications solution for calls and texts, please consider our Lebara UK SIM Card.
The UK SIM Card comes with an initial credit worth 1GB - this is more than most people will use for their entire trip for emails, data-based apps, web browsing and social networking. If you are using Skype or plan to view streaming videos, voice or radio, additional Gigabytes of credit for $29 each are an especially good value.
If your cell phone is not compatible for use in the UK, we also offer affordable cell phone rentals and cell phone purchases for the UK. Most of our customers prefer to purchase our entry level handset as it costs about as little to purchase as to rent. Please feel free to compare!
- Data Service provided by Three, the UK's most reliable Broadband network service provider
- 1GB of 3G-speed data service for up to 90 days (included in cost of purchase)
- Add additional gigabytes of service simply and quickly as-needed from Cellular Abroad
- SIM Cards available for iPhones, iPads and smartphones
- Excellent coverage and fast data speeds
- No activation required - Your UK SIM card is registered to Cellular Abroad, and is active and ready to go; we do not require any of your personal information for registration purposes.
How much data usage do I get with 1GB?
Depending on what you are doing, you can go through 1GB quite slowly, or quite quickly; use this chart to determine how you will use your data credit before you go:
||100KB per page
|Emails (text only)
||4KB per email
||15KB per email
|Emails (with small attachment)
||100KB per email
|Emails (with standard resolution photo attachment)
||1MB per email
|Video Streaming (low quality)
|Video Streaming (high quality)
|Audio Streaming (low quality)